It done broke. "Returned 22 with signal 0".

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 19:35:44 GMT 2008

On 12/02/2008, ravenpi at gmail.com <ravenpi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I hate having to send e-mails like the one I'm typing right here, but here
> goes: I'm a nincompoop.  Somehow -- and I have no idea how -- /tmp got owned
> by user 524 (perhaps a reflection of my uninstalling and re-installing
> MailScanner), with 700 permissions.
>
> Ummmm.  Duh.  And, yeah, I guess that that explains plenty well why creating
> a tempfile wasn't working.
>
> Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions.  It's appreciated.
>
> -Ken

It's actually not that uncommon an error.... One "accidentally"
removes /tmp ... and "something" comes along and creates it again....
with completely botched perms:-).
On a Mdv box close to me (resting on my lap:-) one can see the following:
$ ls -ld /tmp
drwxrwxrwt 10 root root 15680 2008-02-12 19:23 /tmp/
... so ... remember to do the chmod 1777 thing;-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn