can you strip attachments to a folder

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at usherbrooke.ca
Mon Feb 11 15:06:22 GMT 2008

Kathryn Allan a écrit :
> Its not really message delivery I need though the email attachment
> doesn't ever go through to an email account but rather would be stored
> in a folder for another program to access.

Kathryn,

Couldn't you use the following to store the emain on disk:

  Non Spam Actions = %rules-dir%/non.spam.action.rules

where %rules-dir%/non.spam.action.rules contains:
  From:     whoever at yourplace.com  store-nonspam
  FromOrTo: Default                deliver header "X-Spam-Status: No"

That would store all emails from whoever at yourplace.com on disk and not
deliver them.  Would that be OK?  If you really need to do this only for
emails with attachments, then you would have to create a custom
SpamAssassin rule that checks for your attachment (there are already
some such rules in 20_body_tests.cf and 20_html_tests.cf) and instead use:

  SpamAssassin Rule Actions = your_rule=>store-nonspam

Hope this helps.

Denis

--
   _