"Is Definitely Spam" rule not working ?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 18:51:09 GMT 2008

On 08/02/2008, Julian Field <MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> Glenn Steen wrote:

> >> I can't do that. MailScanner directly reads the IP address of the TCP/IP
> >> connection source, it doesn't involve looking at the headers of the
> >> message at all.

> >> Don't expect to get anything useful from the Postfix list about MailScanner.
> >>
> >> Jules
> >>

> > Um, Jules... What about the clientip read from Received line in
> > Postfix.pm (ReadQf, the third loop... If I counted things right...:-)?
> > Isn't that what you use, and where one could possibly ... munge it? A
> > bit like the BarricadeMX fixup, to get at the real sending server IP?
> >
> Are you talking about this bit of code?
> If it's 127.0.0.1 then I could choose to ignore it and pick up the next
> one. What's the IPv6 equivalent address that I'll see in the header?
>
>       if (!$IPFound && $recdata =~ /^Received:
> .+\[(\d+\.\d+\.\d+\.\d+)\]/i) {
>         $message->{clientip} = $1;
>         $IPFound = 1;
>       } elsif (!$IPFound && $recdata =~ /^Received:
> .+\[([\dabcdef.:]+)\]/i) {
>         # It is an IPv6 address
>         $message->{clientip} = $1;
>         $IPFound = 1;
>       } elsif (!$IPFound &&
>                $recdata =~ /^Received: .+\(Postfix/i) {
>         $message->{clientip} = '127.0.0.1';  #spoof local sender from
> localhost
>         $IPFound = 1;
>       }

Yep, that it is.... IPv6 would be something like :::FFF.... wouldn't
it:-). Sorry, I'm slightly tipsy (Champagne, no less!) after a hellish
week. Head not screwed on rightly:-)

I'd think this'd best be a settable thing (remove or not), since we
can' do the same type of blanket assumptions as you can with
BarricadeMX (that it is a "SMTP pre.filer" adding the line... or can
we?)...

> Jules

Cheers
--