How to get certain things through

Edward Dekkers edward at tdcs.com.au
Tue Feb 5 23:39:19 GMT 2008

> Edward
>
> There's a 'big knob' at the top of MailScanner.conf called Scan
> Messages.
>
> You can add ruleset here for the addresses you want NO scanning at all
> to happen.....NB best to avoid FROM fred at domain.com as this is easily
> spoofed.
>
> --
> Martin Hepworth
> Snr Systems Administrator
> Solid State Logic
> Tel: +44 (0)1865 842300

Well, not quite at the top of my file, but a search found it.

I changed it from:

Scan Messages = yes
Scan Messages = %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules

And copied my spam.whitelist.rules to scan.messages.rules

My spam.whitelist.rules only had a couple of domains in it in the form:

FromOrTo:	*@<scan-free-domain>	yes

So I'm assuming the syntax is the same.

I've restarted MailScanner and I'm crossing my fingers.

Thanks for your help. (And Glenn too).

Regards,
Ed.

believed to be clean.