Restoring archived emails

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 22:55:02 GMT 2008

On 05/02/2008, Robert McDonald <rmcdona2 at uwo.ca> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am currently archiving mail to a directory using the Archive Mail option.
> My question is how would I go about restoring these files? I can see the
> files in the directory but they are not stored in the standard text email
> format I am used to seeing.
>
> Thanks in advance
Look at the instructions to release fromquarantine specific for your
MTA (example: look at postfix->howto->release_form_quarantine ... or
somesuch):
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=&idx=documentation:configuration:mta
.... provided your archived mail files are the actual queue files
(they couldbe other things as well.... like mbox files...). If you use
Postfix, you can use the postcat command to look at the content of the
queue file.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn