Scanning for multiple organisations

Martin Hepworth maxsec at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 09:45:25 GMT 2008

2008/12/29 Rob Sterenborg <R.Sterenborg at netsourcing.nl>:
> Hi all,
>
> We're using PF with MS and SA to mark spam for multiple organisations.
> Different organisations tend to attract different kind of spam and a
> company for which we recently started to offer email services complained
> that at the moment they receive more spam than before.
>
> I'd like to have a separate SA Bayes for each organisation we accept
> email for. However, AFAICT that would require running multiple MS/SA
> processes using different configs that would eat a lot of resources. Is
> there another, more intelligent, way of doing this?
>

> Thanks,
> Rob

I know several ISP's that use single MS/SA combinations and it works
well. I'll look at why the spam is getting through, bad whitelists,
not enough third party SA rules etc etc. Perhaps if you post the
pastebin link for an example email (full headers etc), people can run
it over their systems and see what rules hit vs what rules hit for
your setup.

--
Martin Hepworth
Oxford, UK