DCC not working?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 10:05:27 GMT 2008

2008/12/22  <traced at xpear.de>:
> On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:29:16 +0100, "Glenn Steen" <glenn.steen at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> 2008/12/21 traced <traced at xpear.de>:
>>> Hi,
>>> I compiled DCC from sources on a mailscanner testbox, enabled it in the
>>> spamassassin prefs file, and spamassassin --lint (-D) doesnt show a
>>> a failure. But how do I know that DCC works? There are no header
>>> changes, and, I dont see anything changed since I installed it.
>>>
>> Did you make sure the LoadPlugin is uncommented in the *.pre files?
>> Do you see a call to it when doing a "MailScanner --debug --debug-sa"?
>>
>>> Is there a good way to test? Or even to show the DCC headers?
>>> Adding "add_header all DCC _DCCB_: _DCCR_" made no change, there
>>> are still no headers...
>> Headers isn't the thing... You'd see it in the triggered rules... And
>> in the debug run;)
>>

> Yes, i uncommented it, looks like this now:
>    loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC
>
> and here are some lint lines:
>    [13376] dbg: plugin: loading Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::DCC from @INC
>    [13376] dbg: dcc: local tests only, disabling DCC
>
> I think it should be running. So, is the only chance to see it working
> a "real spam" mail coming in?
>
> Regards,
> Bastian
A lint doesn't do network tests, and IIRC this is classed as such. So
you need either run the test through MailScanners debug feature (which
will run one batch through,  very verbosly, then exit) or by doing
"sendmail -t -D < /path/to/a/test/message/in/RFC822/format", Then you
should see a call to the dcc application(s) later on in the debug
output.
You should also see DCC hits.
If you just now uncommented it, you need restart MailScanner for it to
take effect (so that SA get loaded).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn