Mailscanner.rc start up script file location

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at technologytiger.net
Thu Dec 18 22:05:33 GMT 2008

On 18 Dec 2008, at 21:07, Hiram Gibbard wrote:

> Yes. Thats the problem. I was originally using the ports (which I
> prefer), but since I'm using ClamAV, I was told (From someone on
> this list) to use the latest version of Mailscanner in order to
> avoid the issues I was previously having. I would hack a current
> mailscanner script, but I'm not that good at stuff like that. Do I
> have any other options?

Why don't you hack the port? You will need to edit the Makefile to
read the right version number and edit the distinfo file to reflect
the right version (And change the checksums and file sizes) you should
then be able to make and install as normal (I don't think any of the
dependencies have changed so you should be fine).

While this is not the elegant solution the JP would create, I have
done this a couple of times quite successfully.

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous
content by Technology Tiger's Mail Launder system <www.mail-launder.com>

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ