Handling mobile users

Nigel Kendrick support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk
Thu Dec 11 14:29:42 GMT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of Steve
Freegard
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 10:32 AM
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: Handling mobile users

The 'Spam Domain=' list in MailScanner is pretty basic - you'd have to
write a CustomFunction on it to parse the received headers inserted by
your MTA and bypass it if the user were authenticated.

I personally wouldn't do it that way - if I were you I would nuke the
Spam Domain list entirely and configure your MTA to reject clients
listed on zen.spamhaus.org at RCPT TO: time (e.g. delay checks), then
your MTA can allow SMTP AUTH clients to send mail regardless of the RBL
status of their IP address.

That will achieve what you need and reduce the load on your MailScanner
box at the same time.

Cheers,
Steve.
--

Thanks Steve - any pointers on how to do this?

Nigel