Spam assassin timeouts

vinayan KP mailwatch.kp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 11:39:22 GMT 2008

Hello,

We use a mailscanner installed almost three years ago and was working
perfectly till last week detecting and tagging each and every spam
mail correctly and letting only genuine mails untagged.

Since last week I could see each user is getting a lot of spam mails
with out getting tagged as {Spam?} and I could see from the log the
following lines.

Dec  8 16:54:13 fedora MailScanner[2162]: SpamAssassin timed out (with
no network checks) and was killed, failure 16 of 20
Dec  8 16:54:13 fedora MailScanner[2087]: SpamAssassin timed out (with
no network checks) and was killed, failure 19 of 20
Dec  8 16:54:18 fedora MailScanner[2050]: SpamAssassin timed out (with
no network checks) and was killed, failure 13 of 20
Dec  8 16:54:21 fedora MailScanner[2230]: SpamAssassin timed out (with
no network checks) and was killed, failure 15 of 20

I can not see the lines in the mail header that used to be earlier
showing the RBLs spamassassin checked and the score from each list
now.

Could someone help me with some idea/hints.

Thanks in advance

Vinayan