MailScanner + Sys:Syslog problem

Nikolaos Pavlidis Nikolaos.Pavlidis at beds.ac.uk
Fri Dec 5 09:01:50 GMT 2008

Hello Peter,

Thank you all for the swift replies, I am currently running
the latest version of MailScanner (4.73.4-2). As for netstat no, my
syslog is not allowing remote connections to it, since on the Logging
section nothing of the sort is mentioned.

For the Syslog Socket Type, I have it set to blank as recommended for
now. My belief so far is that there could be trouble with the whole of
Sys::Syslog module which is unexpected since it compiles without errors.

The perl code example that I tried out with Sys::Syslog works and
produces logs on a linux box but wont produce any logs on the Solaris
box.

Thank you all again,

Regards,

Nik