Debian and the latest perl security updates

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Wed Dec 3 16:20:19 GMT 2008

on 12-3-2008 6:51 AM Jonas Akrouh Larsen spake the following:
> Hi Jason
>
> Yep its normal that mailscanner breaks when debian do perl realted updates.
>
> My normal solution is always to do the debian upgrades, run a Mailscanner -V
> and see if anything looks wrong.
>
> If anything is missing or an older version (you can compare with the list
> before the perl modules upgrade) then install the newest perl module via
> cpan.
>
> This is something those of us who's chosen the combo of MailScanner and
> debian have to live with.
>

> Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
>
> Jonas Akrouh Larsen
>
> TechBiz ApS
> Laplandsgade 4, 2. sal
> 2300 København S
>
> Office: 7020 0979
> Direct: 3336 9974
> Mobile: 5120 1096
> Fax:    7020 0978
> Web: www.techbiz.dk

It isn't just Debian. CentOS also had a perl update a few months back that
broke things. It all comes down to testing things after an update to make sure
that it still functions.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and