MailScanner Gold Production yum repository released

Stephen Swaney steve at fsl.com
Wed Dec 3 14:48:52 GMT 2008

nikolaos pavlidis wrote:
> Hello Julian,
>
> Will the rpms contain a trained out-of-the-box baysian database or are
> we going to have to train it ourselves? I hope that either way the
> updates will not effect an already trained db.
>
> Regards,
>
> Nik

The initial MailScanner Gold rpm installation installs a Bayes Postgres
Database. Bayes autolearn is configured as ON so it should learn from
your site's spam.

This will be changed soon to provide and install a "starter" Bayes database.

If you already have a Bayes installation using local files or a MySQL
database , you can manually import that data into the Postgres Database
if you like

Best regards,

Steve

--