Office 2007 x files

Brinkman, Kris CTR USTRANSCOM J6 kris.brinkman.ctr at ustranscom.mil
Thu Aug 28 20:43:46 IST 2008

Does anyone know of a way to add some logic to filename checks.  Recently
we're seeing that an outside user can send an Office 2007 file to us and it
is passed since we allow Office files.  However, once the file is opened and
saved by a Office 2003 user using the compatibility package it automatically
creates an EMF file in the .pptx file.  If the user then sends the file back
out, mailscanner opens the file and finds the EMF file inside of it and
blocks it.  Is there a way to tell it to allow EMF if they are inside a
.pptx file.  The only other option I can come up with is to allow email from
our domain to send EMF files using the filename.rules files.

Thanks
Kris