Split Per Recipient - Sendmail Issue

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Aug 28 11:28:09 IST 2008

Budi Febrianto wrote:
> Julian Field wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, scrub that. I think you are either missing the "\" from the
>> end of the previous line, or else the "\" is not the last character
>> on the previous line. There must be no spaces after it, it must be
>> the last character. It is trying to run "-C/etc/mail/sendmail-in.cf"
>> as a command, which of course is invalid.
>>
>> Jules
>>
> Is there any performance degradation with this split per recipients?
The vast proportion of mail (I think) has only 1 recipient anyway, so
you shouldn't notice much change in load. The SpamAssassin cache will
help you a lot here, as messages that have been split will be identical
and so the cache will have the answer for you. And the messages will
tend to appear in the same batch, so the virus scanning overhead will be
minimal too.

> I'm running mailscanner with 1GB ram and serves around 10000 emails /day.
>
> Thanks

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng