Split Per Recipient - Sendmail Issue

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Aug 25 21:10:57 IST 2008

Julian Field wrote:

> Jon Bates wrote:
>>
>> I’ve followed these instructions to set up the per-recipient split
>> from Sendmail:
>>
>> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:sendmail:how_to:split_mails_per_recipient
>>

>> --
>>
>> Upon starting MailScanner I get the following error message:
>>
>> Starting MailScanner daemons:
>>
>> incoming sendmail: /etc/init.d/MailScanner: line 139:
>> -C/etc/mail/sendmail-in.cf: No such file or directory
>>
> That would tend to imply to me that it is looking for a file called
> -C/etc/mail/sendmail-in.cf
> and not
> /etc/mail/sendmail-in.cf
>
> It may be something as simple as you missing a space after the "-C".
>
> Put in a "set -x" right near the top of the script, and you'll get to
> see the full commands that it is actually executing, which may tell
> you a lot about what is actually going on, as opposed to what you
> think is going on :-)
Sorry, scrub that. I think you are either missing the "\" from the end
of the previous line, or else the "\" is not the last character on the
previous line. There must be no spaces after it, it must be the last
character. It is trying to run "-C/etc/mail/sendmail-in.cf" as a
command, which of course is invalid.

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng