startin, startout, stopms

Joost Waversveld joost at waversveld.nl
Thu Aug 21 13:19:38 IST 2008

The method I use (we're using sendmail):

through the command "ps -ef | grep accept" we locate the PID of the
incoming sendmail-daemon. Then we kill this PID. Mailscanner keeps
running and delivering it's messages while the server won't accept any
new messages (Those will go to another mailserver through
loadbalancing). When the queue's are empty again, we start sendmail
again through "service MailScanner startin" and the server starts
accepting messages again.

Best regards,

Joost Waversveld