Fetchmail and MailScanner

Edward Dekkers edward at tdcs.com.au
Wed Aug 20 08:58:10 IST 2008

> Hi all,
>
> I am using fetchmail as a pop connector. It downloads a lot of pop3
> inbox
> from some isps and it works properly. Today i installed postfix and
> mailscanner for filtering virus and spam mails on the same server but
> there
> is something wrong with mail headers. Because mail header says that
> mail
> coming from localhost 127.0.0.1 which is already whitelisted. So every
> incoming mail is tagged as clean. How can i fix this problem ? Can i
> send
> incoming mails to smtp with the original header?
>
> Thanks
>
> ismail

Whoa - this sound like déjà-vu in a big way!

I THINK we had this exact discussion with Fabio Silva YESTERDAY.

If you've been listening, scroll back to yesterday.

If you've just joined, follow this thread:

http://lists.mailscanner.info/pipermail/mailscanner/2008-August/086695.html

I found it because I knew how the thread started, I'm not sure how you would
go searching the archives though, there doesn't appear to be a way to find
things based on keywords.

This should get you started though.

Regards,
ED.