Fetchmail and MailScanner

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 08:50:13 IST 2008

2008/8/20 Ismail OZATAY <ismail at ismailozatay.net>:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using fetchmail as a pop connector. It downloads a lot of pop3 inbox
> from some isps and it works properly. Today i installed postfix and
> mailscanner for filtering virus and spam mails on the same server but there
> is something wrong with mail headers. Because mail header says that mail
> coming from localhost 127.0.0.1 which is already whitelisted. So every
> incoming mail is tagged as clean. How can i fix this problem ? Can i send
> incoming mails to smtp with the original header?
>
> Thanks
>
> ismail

Ismail,

This seems to be a common question this week...:-). Look at the recent
thread named "Problem with mailscanner + fetchmail + mailwatch" ....
Here's a link to gmane:
http://news.gmane.org/find-root.php?message_id=%3cc8c4ee450808190351i1112ebajc663056b8fd1791d%40mail.gmail.com%3e
... or perhaps http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.virus.mailscanner/65553
... Should lead to the same info:-).