{Disarmed} Re: Probem with mailscanner + fetchmail + mailwatch

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 21:35:59 IST 2008

2008/8/19 JC Putter <jcputter at centreweb.co.za>:

> MailScanner without being quarantined again. Set the following in
> /opt/MailScanner/etc/Mailscanner.conf: Search for "Scan Messages", mine is
> around line 292, then set as: Scan Messages =
> %rules-dir%/scan.messages.rules
>

> Next, move into the /opt/MailScanner/etc/rules directory and create
> scan.messages.rules: (NB this depends on your distro for Centos
> /etc/MailScanner/rules )
>

> On your newly created scan.messages.rules file add these entries
>

> From: 127.0.0.1 no
>
> FromOrTo: default yes

JC... The whole problem is that the above would whitelist EVERYTHING,
since fetchmail delivers via 127.0.0.1 ... Not a good thing.
So either one needs bypass MailScanner when releasing messages (my
advice), or make fetchmail deliver via the NIC IFs IP address, thus
making it more "equivalent" to how normal smtp delivery happens (Drews
advice). ... I think Drews solution is a tad simpler than mine... so
would recommend using that:-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn