SpamAssassin Temp Dir running full

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Aug 19 20:14:15 IST 2008

on 8-19-2008 11:19 AM Drew Marshall spake the following:
> On 19 Aug 2008, at 17:36, Scott Silva wrote:
>>> I have 166344 hidden files in my SpamAssassin-Temp dir ;)
>>> Hans
>> I would set up a cron job to keep it clean until you find out what is
>> happening. Do you get a lot of timeouts?
>
> Now that's interesting. I get time outs, randomly, and have ~38Mb of
> temp files that shouldn't be there. I'm running 3.2.5.
>
> Drew

I had that problem also when I had timeouts. It seems that when spamassassin
times out, it never gets to the cleanup stage. I don't know if it is a
spamassassin issue or a MailScanner issue, but the real problem is the
timeouts. Cleaning the temp files over a few hours old by mtime should be
safe. or over 24 hours old should be very safe.
Fixing the timeouts should be a priority, as any timed out messages will get
into your users. MailScanner passes the timed out scans because Julian wanted
no mail lost by errors like this.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and