Probem with mailscanner + fetchmail + mailwatch

Drew Marshall drew.marshall at technologytiger.net
Tue Aug 19 20:02:26 IST 2008

On 19 Aug 2008, at 11:51, Fabio Silva wrote:

> Hello all, i have a server that gets email from another server with
> fetchmail... no problem.. its working fine... and... i have
> mailscanner to scan the mails for virus and spam anddd.. extensions
> attachments... and.. the mailwatch to see the email traffic and
> statistics from web..
>
> I have done this steps form mailwatch.. http://mailwatch.sourceforge.net/doku.php?id=mailwatch:faq#why_are_messages_quarantined_again_when_i_release_them_in_mailwatch
>
> But... im using fetchmail.. and when i use fetchmail.. all mail is
> delivered to postfix from IP Mail Launder has detected a possible
> fraud attempt from "127.0.0.1" claiming to be 127.0.0.1 ... and...
> to solve the above problem i have all mail classified as Whitelist...
>
> Does anybody have any clue about how to solve it??

Get Fetchmail to deliver to the external IP of your server and not to
the loopback interface.

You can do this by specifying smtphost in your fetchmailrc file.

Drew
--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous
 content by Technology Tiger's Mail Launder system <www.mail-launder.com>

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ