MailScanner --lint - was: watermark error?

John Wilcock john at tradoc.fr
Wed Apr 30 07:48:42 IST 2008

Julian Field a écrit :

> Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 09:01:17AM +0200, John Wilcock wrote:
>>
>>> On a probably unrelated note, MailScanner --lint tells me
>>> Cannot create temporary Work Dir /8103. Are the permissions and
>>> ownership of  correct? at
>>> /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/WorkArea.pm line 152
>>>
> I can't re-create this at all. What you have set as "Run As User" and
> group, and incoming work dir owner and permissions? It must be failing
> to set the $parentdir in WorkArea.pm. But that's set like this:
> my $parentdir = MailScanner::Config::Value('incomingworkdir');
> so it must be failing to read the config file by the time it runs this.
> So why does it work for me?

Run As User = postfix
Run As Group = apache
Incoming Work Dir = /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
Incoming Work User =
Incoming Work Group =
Incoming Work Permissions = 0600

>> The interesting thing is I always get errors like this if I run
>>
>>  MailScanner --lint
>>
>> as root from my home directory, but if I cd to /etc/MailScanner before
>> running the command, it produces the expected output without either of
>> the above errors.
>>
> Again, can you give me the same info I have asked for above?
> I cannot re-create this at all. It calls new MailScanner::WorkArea after
> it reads the conf file, so it will be able to read the Incoming Work Dir
> by then, but for some reason it can't. You haven't got any odd
> permissions on /etc or / or /etc/MailScanner have you?

I confirm Mark's observation that it works if I cd /etc/MailScanner
first. / /etc and /etc/MailScanner are all 755 and owned by root.root

Jules - if you want access to my box to test for yourself, just let me
know off list.

John.

--
-- Over 3000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - www.snoweye.com