watermark error?

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sat Apr 26 13:57:47 IST 2008

Mikael Syska wrote:

| I get nothing like that in my maillog ... am I supposed to turn
something on ?

Your spouse? ;-)

But did you test on a bounce message? Your sample shows a normal sender.

| I got:
| root [/usr/local/etc/MailScanner/rules]# grep "Debug" ../MailScanner.conf
| # Set Debug to "yes" to stop it running as a daemon and just process
| Debug = yes
| Debug SpamAssassin = yes

Don't do this. Debugging should be started from the commandline but not
from the config file.

| root [/usr/local/etc/MailScanner/rules]# grep "Water" ../MailScanner.conf
| # Watermarking
| Use Watermarking = yes
| Add Watermark = %rules-dir%/watermarking.add.rules
| Check Watermarks With No Sender = %rules-dir%/watermarking.check.rules

Please show these rule files as well.

| Treat Invalid Watermarks With No Sender as Spam = spam
| Check Watermarks To Skip Spam Checks = yes
| Watermark Secret = %org-name%-something
| Watermark Lifetime = 604800
| Watermark Header = X-%org-name%-MailScanner-Watermark:
|
| Did I miss something or is it just freebsd that is messing with me ?

Must be a BSD thing ;-) Boys Searching for Dates shouldn't filter their
email. But I guess the OS shouldn't matter. Your perl setup might be
another thing.

Hugo.

- --