Looking for virus.scanners.conf in the wrong dir, settings are right as I can see

Mikael Syska mikael at syska.dk
Fri Apr 25 14:42:58 IST 2008

Hi,

What is happening here ... this is going to be a test environment:
Running FreeBSD-7.0
I have a production server, with the same settings, same MailScanner
version from the freebsd portstree... and its working.
Are there any thing I'm missing here ...

root [/var/spool]# cat /usr/local/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf |
grep scanners.conf
#       3rd column of virus.scanners.conf matches the location you have
#       virus.scanners.conf file assumes the default installation locations
Virus Scanner Definitions = %etc-dir%/virus.scanners.conf

root [/var/spool]# cat /usr/local/etc/MailScanner/MailScanner.conf |
grep etc-dir
%etc-dir% = /usr/local/etc/MailScanner
Phishing Safe Sites File = %etc-dir%/phishing.safe.sites.conf
Phishing Bad Sites File = %etc-dir%/phishing.bad.sites.conf
Country Sub-Domains List = %etc-dir%/country.domains.conf
Filename Rules = %etc-dir%/filename.rules.conf
Filetype Rules = %etc-dir%/filetype.rules.conf
Spam List Definitions = %etc-dir%/spam.lists.conf
Virus Scanner Definitions = %etc-dir%/virus.scanners.conf

root [/var/spool]# MailScanner --lint
Trying to setlogsock(unix)
Cannot read definitions from /etc/MailScanner/virus.scanners.conf, No
such file or directory at
/usr/local/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/Config.pm line 1621

root [/var/spool]# pkg_info | grep MailS
MailScanner-4.67.6_1 Powerful virus/spam scanning framework for mail gateways
root [/var/spool]#

mvh
Mikael Syska