Watermarking

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Wed Apr 23 20:42:58 IST 2008

Hi There,

is there a way of watermarking without having the full blown mailscanner
operation.

My clients email out through their Linux firewall/smarthosts, but the
return mail comes back through a cluster of scanners.

Watermarking here causes them not to receive delivery failure reports,
unless they smarthost outgoing through my servers which I don't want to
do for volume reasons.

What I would like to do is use a sendmail milter of some description, on
the clients outbound relays, to add a watermark generated from the same
"secret" which my scanners can verify if it comes back through the
mailscanner servers as a failure notice.

If the answer is no, I'll build a cluster of outgoing only customer
relays with Mailscanner on them and get all clients to use it as a
smarthoust...

Regards

Pete

--
horizontal ruler

Peter Farrow
Inexcom Logo
Inexcom Ltd
Office: 	08450 949 747
Fax: 	01249 461 548
Mobile: 	07799605617
Skype: 	peter_farrow
Web: 	www.inexcom.co.uk <http://www.inexcom.co.uk>
Registered in England and Wales, number:05598456