White-list address ignored

Jim Dickenson dickenson at cfmc.com
Tue Apr 22 20:37:52 IST 2008

I am running:

This is CentOS release 4.5 (Final)
This is Perl version 5.008005 (5.8.5)
This is MailScanner version 4.58.9

I have this set:

Is Definitely Not Spam = %rules-dir%/spam.whitelist.rules

In the rules file I have a line like this:

From:           addr at sbcglobal.net   yes

The three elements are separated with tabs

I got an email where the MailScanner-From header shows this address but it
was not white-listed.

I ran MailScanner --lint and did not have any errors.

What might cause this.

I see there is an argument --to=<address> and I thought maybe it test the
address against the various rule sets. I am not sure what the purpose of
that option is but it did not show anything what helped me figure out what
might be wrong.

Any ideas as to what to look at?

Thanks,
--