Handling attachments

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Apr 19 19:30:53 IST 2008

Ehle, Roland wrote:
> I am just wondering, if it could be possible to replace attachments
> with a certain size by a link and place the attachments in a certain
> directory.  GMX (free mail provider in Germany) offers a Mediacenter,
> where they put automatically large attachments, to allow to download
> them later.
It can't currently do this. If you use IMAP instead of POP then the imap
client can do this automatically, so there is no need to do it. It could
be added, but no-one has ever asked for it before, so I haven't provided
it. Are there many other people wanting this which would make it worth
the while?

It could be implemented as a side-effect of a Custom Function, which
would avoid you needing to modify the main code. But it would be a fair
bit of work to do. I could write it for you, but it will cost you, my
time doesn't come cheap. It all depends how much you want it :-)

Storing all the attachments in a directory (which would depend on the
recipient's email address) can already be done with the extensions to
the "store" spam action I have added recently. The only extra work you
would need to do would be to replace the attachments in the file with
HTML files containing links pointing to the directories.

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng

Contact me at Jules at Jules.FM