OT: Is sendmail safe for SMTP?

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Fri Apr 18 15:06:08 IST 2008

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008 09:00:40 -0400
Denis Beauchemin <Denis.Beauchemin at usherbrooke.ca> wrote:

[snip]

> I tried to switch to Postfix but had to go back to sendmail because
> the LDAP schema we use for sendmail cannot be accessed in Postfix...

Is that still true with the latest version of Postfix? I have limited
experience with LDAP; however, I thought Postfix could handle it quite
well. I assume you checked on the Postfix forum for assistance. I do
agree with you though that Sendmail is not hardly worth the time and
effort to configure.

--
Gerard
gerard at seibercom.net

Catproof is an oxymoron, childproof nearly so.