SA-Learn

Vernon Webb vernon at comp-wiz.com
Fri Apr 18 13:51:06 IST 2008

This may be a silly question to some, but I would really like to learn more
about what sa-learn does. I have created a folder on my server that I move
all my SPAM mail to. Mind you this is only SPAM that is NOT labeled as SPAM.
Should I be moving all mail, even mail that is labeled as such as well? And
exactly what does this do? I assume that it somehow trains MailScanner that
this is SPAM, but how? Does it tell it that the mail addressed and IPs that
this mails come from are sending bad mail? Is it only local to my server?
Does it report these emails as SPAM to some RBL? Please pardon the intrusion
if taken as such, I am only trying to better understand how MailScanner
works.

Thanks

Vernon Webb

(201) 703-1232

web <http://www.compwiz-designs.com/>  designs & web hosting
<http://www.comp-wiz.com/>  by comp-wiz.com, inc.

Information in this transmission is privileged & confidential. It is
intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. Any review,
dissemination, disclosure, alteration, printing, circulation or transmission
of this email or it's attachments is prohibited and unlawful.

dangerous content at comp-wiz.com, and is
believed to be clean.