OT: Ideas as to best way to do this

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Thu Apr 17 23:36:52 IST 2008

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
Coming through and "source of spam" are different.

Google make a lot of money by selling services to people who make a
living from spamming, thats different entirely to "letting it through".
Google is a big *source* of spam, so I force them to greylist anyway.
Message labs do not send spam, however some spam merely gets through
their systems,  I whitelist their servers on the greylist engine, but
they are still subject to all further anti spam checks.

Google is a source of spam, and an organisation that profits from spam,
and Messagelabs are effectively an anti spam business, BIG BIG
difference....

No allowances for google sourced email should ever be made in a spam
system...until they clean up their act.

Unfortunately while still trying to grow their internet mail business to
compete with the likes of hotmail, having spammers use their system
pushes up their email stats, you can just hear in the management
meetings "hey we process 20 million emails a day now" - sounds great but
they forgot to mention 99% of it was spam.

When hotmail was a young email business it too went through the "bucket
loads of spam" phase and google mail services are in the same early
stages and have the same early problems.

Just a month or so ago on this list a top 100 spam companies was
published and guess what Google featured very prominently in that list.

Considering outsourcing email services to Google is really like selling
your soul to the devil I'm afraid, it may be great first off but you
will surely rot in hell for eternity when judgement day comes...

Regards

Pete