MCP broke after upgrade

Renee Gehlbach krgehlba at lexairinc.com
Tue Apr 15 20:15:02 IST 2008

Julian Field wrote:
> What did you upgrade?
We rebuilt world and upgraded all ports.  We went from FreeBSD 6.2 to
6.3.  There were updates to both mailscanner and spamassassin, but I do
not recall what the previous versions were.

> Renee Gehlbach wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> We had MCP working in a previous version, but it is no longer working
>> properly since we upgraded.  Our system is currently running FreeBSD
>> 6.3, with MailScanner port Mailscanner-4.67.6_1, SpamAssassin port
>> p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.2.4_3.  We have several cf files with MCP
>> rules in the directory /usr/local/etc/Mailscanner/mcp, where the port
>> places its example MCP rule file.  Up until the upgrade, all of the
>> rules in these files were working properly.  MCP seems to be working,
>> as the X-MailScanner-MCPCheck header appears in all messages.
>> However, it does not seem to be finding the MCP rules, as even
>> messages which should be triggering rules have the value (score=0,
>> required 2) for this header.  spamassassin --lint shows clean, as does
>
>> spamassassin -p /usr/local/etc/Mailscanner/mcp --lint -D
> If that doesn't say the rules are being read in, then it's not a
> MailScanner problem. You need to get that to read the rules, and admit
> to it, first.
I agree that I need to get it to read these rules.  What I am trying to
find out is why it is not reading them.  If I am asking for help from
the wrong mailing list, please let me know.  I am emailing this list
because all of the config files and sample rules being used for mcp are
part of the MailScanner port, not the SpamAssassin port, and because the
options to set up mcp are located within the MailScanner config file.

Thanks,
Renee

believed to be clean.