OT - MailScanner to deliver email copies to two downstream machin es.

Ken Goods kgoods at cropusainsurance.com
Mon Apr 14 21:58:37 IST 2008

I'm currently evaluating replacing our Exchange server (5.5) with Zimbra.
Have the Zimbra server set up and ready to go and have imported a couple
accounts using the same domain on the Zimbra server as the existing domain
on the Exchange server. Right now my MX records point to my MailScanner box
which relays to the Exchange server. What I would like to do for these two
accounts is to also send a duplicate copy of all emails to the Zimbra
server. They would of course have to be routed via the ip addresses of the
servers since DNS records for the internal servers would complicate things.

I don't care about the email headers, just want a copy of the emails to be
routed to both servers. I fully understand that "email doesn't work this
way" but was hoping to fudge it to do a little testing on the Zimbra server
with (nearly) identical emails in both systems.

Is this something that MailScanner can do or would I be better off handling
it with Sendmail or another tool? And if so, could anyone point me in the
right direction? I've been Googling all morning and can't seem to hit on the
right search terms to accomplish this task.

Thanks in advance!
Ken Goods
Network Administrator
CropUSA Insurance, Inc.