ClamAV 0.93 released

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Apr 14 20:59:37 IST 2008

Kevin Miller wrote:
> Julian Field wrote:
>
>> I have upgraded the ClamAV+SpamAssassin distribution available at
>> www.mailscanner.info.
>>
>> Note that this new version does *NOT* work with the 'clamavmodule'
>> virus scanner. So don't upgrade if you're running the clamavmodule
>> scanner.
>>

> Will it in the future?  Was just about to install the SA/ClamAV bundle
> and wanted to use clamavmodule.  Got lots of horsepower, so it't not a
> showstopper if there's some major technical issues with it.  Doing it
> the old fashioned way outta be fine if needed...

I hope it will work in the future, but that depends on the maintainer of
Mail::ClamAV.
In the mean time, clamd should work. You can get that from
http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/clamav.
You'll have to adjust virus.scanners.conf to tell it where to find clam
though (/usr).

Jules

--
Julian Field MEng CITP CEng