MailScanner folder

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sat Apr 12 18:32:38 IST 2008

Ghetti, Ron wrote:

> ________________________________

Make sure you have the latest SpamAssassin installed in the right
places. "MailScanner -v" should show the Mail::SpamAssassin version
number as "3.002004".

You probably also want to make sure you have clamd or clamavmodule
installed. clamd is probably better for you.

> found 1 problems.  ( it doesn't specify as far as I can tell. )

It successfully found the eicar test 'virus', which is what you want it
to say.
You should have all the optional modules installed, apart from SAVI.

> Ghetti, Ron wrote:
>
>> ok latest version of MailScanner installed from the website on ubuntu(debian)
>> it's the strangest thing.
>>  if I type MailScanner --lint  I get "mailscanner is not installed"
>>  if I look here in /opt/MailScanner  I see that it is installed with it's own etc folder.
>>  if I look in /etc/MailScanner I see what looks like a second installation
>>  can someone give me a clue how to tell which one is the right one ?
>>
>> thanks
>>  -Ron

Jules

--