MailScanner folder

Ghetti, Ron Ron.Ghetti at town.barnstable.ma.us
Sat Apr 12 18:11:40 IST 2008

________________________________

From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info on behalf of Julian Field
Sent: Sat 4/12/2008 12:38 PM
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: Re: MailScanner folder

Installed "from the website": what website? How did you install it?
What do you get when you run
    /opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner -v
    /opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner --lint
?

Hi,
 thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated.

to make a long story short, I've inherited this site and done some upgrades.
latest version from here:
http://www.mailscanner.info/files/4/tar/MailScanner-install-4.68.8-1.tar.gz

ran install.sh per the readme

upgraded spam assassin also, which went pretty well I believe.

to answer your  question,  running /opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner -v
gives me the proper output, so it appears the path is correct.

Perl 5.8.8
MailScanner 4.68.8

no other errors.
reading the Phishing lists  ( that looks fine. )
sa working directory is /tmp  ( not sure if that is correct )
spamassassin reported no errors.  ( that would be right. )
found clamav installed.  ( also correct.)
found 1 problems.  ( it doesn't specify as far as I can tell. )

does that all make sense ?
we are passing mail no problem, mta is postfix.