Rule to BCC recipients

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Fri Apr 11 18:48:12 IST 2008

Ricardo Francis a écrit :
> Hi list,
>
> I'm running MailScanner-4.67.6-1 + Sendmail 8.14.xx + ClamAV and it
> has been a great help to scan +200k mails.
>
> Due to the high rate of email to unknown users (~80%), I had to change
> the "Scan Messages" and "Virus Scanning" to rules file:
>
> I've created a list of email addresses based on passwd + aliases file
> to force scans on these email addresses only and, by default, the rest
> is not scanned because they're being redirected to /dev/null .
>
> The rule says:
>
> To: user at domain.com <mailto:user at domain.com> yes
>
> But email addresses in BCC are not checked at all.
> Let's say a message enters the system TO user unknown at domain.com
> <mailto:unknown at domain.com> and to validuser at domain.com
> <mailto:validuser at domain.com> in BCC. The message to
> unknown at domain.com <mailto:unknown at domain.com> is discarded and the
> one to validuser at domain.com <mailto:validuser at domain.com> is delivered
> with no scan at all because it did not match any rule to do it.
>
> My question is, is there any way to include the BCC addresses in those
> rules files?
>
> Thanks and congratulations for the best mail filter around.
> Ric.

Ricardo,

You'll have to configure sendmail to split emails for many recipients
into separate emails if you want to do this.

The wiki will help you:
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:sendmail:how_to:split_mails_per_recipient&s=sendmail

Denis

--