Request: Disable update.bad.phishing.sites job when phishing checks are disabled

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 11:30:21 IST 2008

On 10/04/2008, Alex Broens <ms-list at alexb.ch> wrote:
> Jules:
>
>  I've disabled all MailScanner phishing checks yet:
>
>  Apr 10 12:01:01 cobox-1 update.bad.phishing.sites: Delaying cron job up to
> 600 seconds
>
>  It would be very elegant if these are not enabled, the cron job is disabled
> as well.
>
>  same with AV signatures update hourly job.
>
>  thanks
>
>  Alex

I'm not sure I agree, and I'm pretty sure Jules doesn't... You are not
the first to ask:-).

The thinking here is that the update jobs for functionality you
*might* enable later should still be active, so that when you _do_
activate them, all updates are already in place. The correct way to
avoid this for AV is to deinstall any unused AV product. For the
phishing thing... there simply is no such thing.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn