mailscanner install... mailtools requires perl 5.8 still?

Bob Jones bob.jones at usg.edu
Thu Apr 10 02:27:15 IST 2008

Hey all,

	I have a user I'm supporting running Solaris 9.  He's trying to install
version 4.68.8 and the installer is running into the error of mailtools
requiring perl 5.8 and Solaris 9 only comes with 5.6.  (I know the
previous has probably all been covered before... sorry.)

	I found some discussion in the archives about the above fact in the
"MailScanner --lint doesn't check Eicar virus - OK here!" thread, but
never came across any final solution as to what to do about this problem
for Solaris.  Did a solution other than "find some way to use perl 5.8"
ever present itself?

Thanks for your help,
Bob