detect executables embedded inside MS Office documents?

Warren Guy warren.guy at calorieking.com
Sat Apr 5 17:19:00 IST 2008

Julian Field wrote:
> There are open-source programs that can extract information from OLE
> documents (i.e. up to Office 2004). I suspect there is not a problem
> with Office 2007/2008 documents as they are just zip archives.
>
> I just wish I could remember the names of any of the stuff that reads
> OLE documents...

http://www.pldaniels.com/ripole/

http://search.cpan.org/dist/OLE-Storage_Lite/Storage_Lite.pm

There's also the libcole library, but I can't find it on the web

--
Warren Guy <warren.guy at calorieking.com>
Senior System Administrator, CalorieKing

Direct +61 8 6468 3877  Suite 1, 88 Broadway
Tel +61 8 9389 8777     Nedlands WA 6009, Australia
Fax +61 8 9389 8444     www.calorieking.com