SA times out

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Apr 4 19:18:25 IST 2008

Julian Field wrote on Wed, 02 Apr 2008 16:45:54 +0100:

> >>  but perhaps a feature request could be a
> >> CLI switch to specify the message ID so MS only scans the particular
> >> message(s) that you're interested in observing.
> >>
> > Good idea. I'll take a look. Would a single ID do?
> All done. It will be in the next release.

Ahm, Julian, now that I have used the MS debugging feature a few times I
think being able to grab a single ID may be nice, but not really helpful
for a production machine. I have to disable at least MS if I want to debug
(otherwise it would "steal" the queue files) and usually this is not done
within a few seconds, but takes at least five minutes or more, maybe
repeatedly. It would be nice if I could specify an alternative queue
directory, so I can run a MailScanner instance in parallel to the
production daemon and debug files from that directory while the normal
sendmail/MS operation isn't affected. I think this would be much more
helpful than specifying a certain ID.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany