Problem with Sendmail smf-sav Milter

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at fsl.com
Thu Apr 3 15:20:31 IST 2008

Glenn Steen wrote:
> Might be it... Or the Scalix box might be misconfigured, accepting
> anything... You know ... "It's important we get all mails, even the
> typo'd ones, so we setup a catchall mailbox"... Or similar
> stupidity:-).

If this is the case then it goes to show how much better milter-ahead is
as it actually verifies that the remote-end is capable of rejecting
invalid recipients to prevent continual call-aheads to a host that isn't
capable.  You can then check the cache database (easy if you use the
SQLite3 DB) and get a list of the servers that can't do this.

Regards,
Steve.