Problem with Sendmail smf-sav Milter

Johnny Stork lists at openenterprise.ca
Thu Apr 3 12:53:13 IST 2008

I recently installed the sendmail  smf-sav mitler to do sender and
recipient address verification on my MailScanner gateway running the
latest release on Centos5. However, the recipient checks dont appear to
be working since I still get all the spam coming in to non-existent
addresses. I beleive I know where the problem might be. The MailScanner
gateway accepts mail for the mydomain.ca domain, but after processing
simply forwards to an internal Scalix server through a sendmail
mailertable entry. For instance, the email address below, or username,
does not exist on the MailScanner gateway running smf-sav. Nor does that
email address or account exist on the internal Scalix server, but the
message passed recpient verification.

recipient check succeeded: <bonny.german at mydomain.ca>

Would I need to setup checks through ldap or something to have the
smf-sav milter. I know I should be checking the smf-sav forums and so
will also check there.

Thanks