what am I dealing with here?

Martyn Routley martyn at invictawiz.com
Tue Apr 1 13:59:42 IST 2008

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> admin at lctn.org wrote:
> | I got a call from a school we scan mail for, complaining they are
> | getting some inappropriate email, which is sailing through our scanner
> | with a very low score.
>
> Think VERY, VERY hard on wether you need yahoo to send email to you. I
> have actually blocked it all together. I get shitloads of spam from
> their servers and no one I know is using Yahoo. So nothing is lost in
> blocking it.
>
> If you still want it then make sure you do not give them any credit by
> giving negative spam points for having a valid DKIM header for example.
>
> | 127.0.0.1     relay-4.lctn.org     (GeoIP Lookup Failed)     [  ]     [
> | ]     [  ]     [  ]
>
> This is a config problem on your host. It should not list a loopback
> address with your hostname attached to it.
>
> Hugo.

A general lookout for anyone in the UK.
You should think very hard before you block Yahoo. Yahoo handle the
email for BT Internet so block Yahoo, and you are blocking BT Internet.
One or two unhappy users?

Martyn Routley

Invictawiz - The Internet in Plain English, Guaranteed
web: http://www.invictawiz.com
voip: 6000 at sip.invictawiz.com
phone: 0845 003 9020
Reg Addr: 9 Eastmead Ave, Ashford, Kent, TN23 7SB
Co. No: 04253262