One user whitelisted, everyone gets the spam...

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 10:05:05 IST 2007

On 24/09/2007, Gareth <list-mailscanner at linguaphone.com> wrote:
> The only way I know is to configure the MTA to only allow one recipient
> per message. The downside of this is that the mail to subsequent
> recipients will only be received when the sender retries which means
> there will be a delay.

?
Not to my knowledge (and I wrote the "hackish" entry for postfix
recipient splitting;-). The delay for Postfix is due to the need of a
two inscance setup, not because of retry delays. The delay is very
marginal, in most cases. If we did it at the SMTP stage, you would be
correct, but the splitting is done (in the PF case) at delivery, hence
the need for a dual-instance setup (where MailScanner&the hold-thing
come into play in "the second" instance).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn