Blacklist Subject Modification

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Thu Sep 20 17:53:10 IST 2007

Scott Silva wrote:
> Rich Berrill spake the following on 9/20/2007 7:53 AM:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I’m having a small issue with MailScanner and I was wondering if
>> anyone else may have come up with a solution for this in the past.  I
>> have a user that when a message is blacklisted wants to have it given
>> a specific subject heading rather than just {Spam} if the message was
>> blacklisted.  At present I don’t see a way that this is possible, and
>> a few days of searching archive and the web I haven’t found an
>> answer.  I have decent Perl experience and if it involves changing a
>> few files I have no issue doing that.
>>

>> Thanks for the help in advance,
>>
>> Rich
>>
> Blacklisted mails aren't delivered, so what does it matter what the
> subject says?

That depends on what you mean by "blacklisted". In the MailScanner context, by
default blacklisted emails are tagged and delivered.

Blacklisted at the MTA - not delivered.

"Is Definitely Spam" in MailScanner - depends on your configuration, but by
default, tagged and delivered.

"blacklist_from" in SpamAssassin - depends on your configuration, but by
default, tagged and delivered.