Blacklist Subject Modification

Derek Buttineau derek at csolve.net
Thu Sep 20 17:28:39 IST 2007

On 2007-Sep-20, at 10:53 AM, Rich Berrill wrote:

> I’m having a small issue with MailScanner and I was wondering if
> anyone else may have come up with a solution for this in the past.
> I have a user that when a message is blacklisted wants to have it
> given a specific subject heading rather than just {Spam} if the
> message was blacklisted.  At present I don’t see a way that this is
> possible, and a few days of searching archive and the web I haven’t
> found an answer.  I have decent Perl experience and if it involves
> changing a few files I have no issue doing that.

In the interim you could set "Definite Spam Is High Scoring" = yes,
set your "High SpamAssassin Score" to something very high, and then
set "High Scoring Spam Subject Text" to what you want it to say in
MailScanner.conf.  It may be useful to have the option of producing a
different subject line for White Lists and Black lists, though I'm
not sure how many installations would use it.

--
Regards,

Derek Buttineau
Internet Systems Developer