MS startup times

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Wed Sep 19 08:54:20 IST 2007

On Tue, 18 Sep 2007, Gottschalk, David wrote:

> What virus scanner are you running?
>
> A older version of ClamAV is known to have long startup times reading
> signature files.

Thanks for your reply.  I am, indeed, running a somewhat outdated version
of ClamAV.  (Aside: local peculiarities are making upgrade awkward either
by RPM or Julian's package at present.)

A quick Google (clamav startup time) confirms the issue.

Thanks for the pointer.

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :
:  UNIX Team Leader                         Durham University     :
:                                           South Road            :
:  http://www.dur.ac.uk/t.d.lee/            Durham DH1 3LE        :