MailScanner.conf and spam.assassin.prefs.conf consistency

David Lee t.d.lee at durham.ac.uk
Tue Sep 18 17:47:01 IST 2007

MailScanner.conf has a nice feature of defining "%org-name%" near the top,
then using it further on, particularly for "X-%org-name%-MailScanner-..."
headers.

But spam.assassin.prefs.conf meanwhile requires some of these "X-..."
headers to be hard-coded.  Would it be possible for these (at least as
default) to somehow be automatic from %org-name%"?

I realise that SA needs to see the fully expanded form (thus different at
every "org"), but could the sys.admin's version (default common across all
"org"s) read "X-%org-name%-...", which MS/SA/something expand up for SA?

Just a thought.

:  Senior Systems Programmer                Computer Centre       :
:  UNIX Team Leader                         Durham University     :
:                                           South Road            :
:  http://www.dur.ac.uk/t.d.lee/            Durham DH1 3LE        :