question about "unknown string"

shuttlebox shuttlebox at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 11:26:04 IST 2007

On 9/17/07, Glenn Steen <glenn.steen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17/09/2007, Jonas Lilja <jonas.lilja at exallon.sigma.se> wrote:
> > Hmmm... I just rebuild the MS with the install-script (without problems) and
> > when looking in the reports/en-directory the languages.conf file exists but
> > is empty (0 bytes). The languages.conf.rpmnew doesn´t exist. The
> > file-permissions looks fine. Hints? Is it possible to download a "default"
> > languages.conf from the web?
> Ouch. The second time around you probably scratched the languages.old
> file. So now you need get it (languages.conf) from somewhere else.
> Easiest is probably to download the tarball version of MailScanner and
> getting it from inside that... If no kind soul can find the time to
> send you a copy they might have just laying around (sorry, not me, not
> right now at least...).

He can extract the default from his own RPM:

# cd /tmp
# rpm -qlp mailscanner-4.62.9-3.noarch.rpm | grep languages.conf
/etc/MailScanner/reports/ca/languages.conf
/etc/MailScanner/reports/cy+en/languages.conf
/etc/MailScanner/reports/cz/languages.conf
/etc/MailScanner/reports/de/languages.conf
/etc/MailScanner/reports/dk/languages.conf
/etc/MailScanner/reports/en/languages.conf
/etc/MailScanner/reports/es/languages.conf
/etc/MailScanner/reports/fr/languages.conf
/etc/MailScanner/reports/hu/languages.conf
/etc/MailScanner/reports/it/languages.conf
/etc/MailScanner/reports/nl/languages.conf
/etc/MailScanner/reports/pt_br/languages.conf
/etc/MailScanner/reports/ro/languages.conf
/etc/MailScanner/reports/se/languages.conf
/etc/MailScanner/reports/sk/languages.conf
/usr/sbin/upgrade_languages_conf
# rpm2cpio < mailscanner-4.62.9-3.noarch.rpm | cpio -id
./etc/MailScanner/reports/se/languages.conf

--
/peter